Applying for Social Security Disability Benefits in Nevada
Applying for SSD Benefits
The way that we help people make an application for Social Security is when someone initially calls our office, we ask a series of questions so that we are able to screen your case and make sure you have a viable case.
Then, we send you an application for you to complete, and it is sent back to our office. We personally review the applications to make sure that all of the information Social Security needs is contained in the application.
If you’re unable to work due to a disability, the sooner you get help, the better. That’s why it’s important to file your application for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits as soon as possible after you become disabled—it can take three to five months or longer for the Social Security Administration (SSA) to process your application.
Information Needed to Apply
In order to apply, you will need to complete an application for Social Security benefits and the Adult Disability Report. When you prepare your application, you must include:
- Your Social Security number
- Your birth or baptismal certificate
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of the doctors, caseworkers, hospitals, and clinics that took care of you and dates of your visits
- Names and dosage of all the medicine you take
- Medical records from your doctors, therapists, hospitals, clinics, and caseworkers that you already have in your possession
- Laboratory and test results
- A summary of where you worked and the kind of work you did
- A copy of your most recent W-2 Form (Wage and Tax Statement) or, if you are self-employed, your federal tax return for the past year
Our Social Security representative knows the system and we can help you collect the information needed to complete your application. We’re dedicated to getting you the benefits you deserve.