What is definition of Social Security disability in Nevada?
Are You Disabled?
Proving you’re disabled is a key component to qualifying for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, but collecting the medical documentation from acceptable medical sources can be frustrating and time-consuming.
Definition of a Disability
According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), a disability is defined as:
When you apply for benefits, the SSA will evaluate if you’ve worked enough years to qualify and verify your current work status. If you meet the work-related requirements, your local Disability Determination Services (DDS) office will review your medical evidence and ask your doctors or medical providers about:
- What your medical condition is
- When your medical condition began
- How your medical condition limits your activities
- What the medical tests have shown
- What treatment you have received
- Your ability to do work-related activities